Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), introduced the MicroZed 7020 System-on-Module featuring the Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 XC7Z020-1CLG400C All Programmable SoC, with three times more programmable logic, allowing engineers to run more complex applications for models in evaluation and prototyping, embedded SOM, embedded vision, test and measurement, motor control, and software-defined radio.
The 7020 system-on-module (SOM) version is ideal for designers who want to design-in the higher density SOM into their products. It is available now at $289 in quantities less than 100, adding to the current MicroZed 7010 Evaluation Kit (available for $199) and the MicroZed 7010 SOM-only version, starting at $192 in quantities less than 100.
The Zynq-7000 Z-7020 device includes 85,000 logic cells, 560 KB extensible block RAM, 220 programmable DSP slices, among other features that differentiate the MicroZed 7020 from the original MicroZed Evaluation Kit, which includes the Zynq-7000 Z-7010 device. MicroZeds combined stand-alone, SOM approach can quickly move a design idea from concept to production, making MicroZed an ideal, low-cost platform for SoC-based applications.
By expanding our offering with the new 7020 version, Avnet gives designers more flexibility to choose a module that best fits their needs, said Jim Beneke, vice president of global technical marketing for Avnet Electronics Marketing. Simply put, the MicroZed 7020 allows engineers to create more sophisticated hardware designs.
The Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC XC7Z020 device supports a wide range of applications across a wide range of markets from motor control and medical imaging, to driver assistance and wireless communications, said Barrie Mullins, director of SoC product management and marketing for Xilinx. The Zynq-7000 XC7Z020 device provides a scalable All Programmable SoC platform with a dual 866Mhz ARM Cortex-A9 processing system, DSP capability of over 200 GMACs and programmable logic for software accelerators and custom IP.
MicroZed 7020 includes:
- Zynq-7000 XC7Z020-1CLG400C All Programmable SoC
- 1 GB of DDR3 SDRAM (Micron)
- 128 Mb of QSPI Flash (Spansion)
- Micro SD card interface (Molex / TI)
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet (Marvell / Bel Fuse)
- USB 2.0 (SMSC / Bel Fuse)
- USB-UART (Silicon Labs / FCI)
- User I/O (via dual board-to-board connectors) (FCI)
- 115 User I/O (57/58 per connector)
- Configurable as up to 55 LVDS pairs or 115 single-ended I/O
- 2×6 Digilent Pmod® compatible interface providing 8 PS MIO connections
- Xilinx PC4 JTAG configuration port
- PS JTAG pins accessible via Pmod
- 33.33 MHz oscillator (Discera)
- User LED and push switch
MicroZed 7020 System-on-Module is available immediately from Avnet, starting at $289 in quantities up to 99.