Power Supply WebDesigner (PSW) online tool is enhanced to include complete continuous conduction mode (CCM), non-isolated active PFC buck and buck LED driver designs. From user-specified design inputs, the tool allows designers to choose all the components used in a design or have the tool automatically recommend the design. This tool provides the inexperienced designer a quick-guided design, while the experienced designer can take their requirements and further customize critical design factors.
Designers can accept default recommended values, or optimize important details to their different design needs. Designers can get quick, accurate estimates on design performance, and refine design choices as they go. The tool also has a detailed simulation analysis, while designers can learn the insights of how their design and its hardware prototype will work.
Upon completion PSW creates a BOM, which can be sent to their procurement department or instantly procure the components online. Additionally, they can save their design for future reference or pass the design on to other engineers.
• The latest CCM buck and non-isolated PFC buck LED drivers are added options for the family of LED drivers.
• First-available LED online tool designed to help design EMI filters, predict power factor (PF) and total harmonic distortion (THD).
• Features have been extended to include the special driver requirements of low power (≤ 20W) and middle power (≤ 50W) LED applications
Key Features and Benefits:
Easy to use, powerful online design and simulation tool allows designers to:
• Select the optimum controller + MOSFET Fairchild part numbers or let the tool recommend from user-specified system design inputs plus LED component specifications.
• Choose all the system components including MOSFETs, LED driver IC and power rectifiers.
• The tool recommends or fine-tunes the inductor, EMI filter designs to predict system PF and THD results.
• Visualize system and major component power loss and efficiency over different line and load conditions.
PSW offers a suite of timesaving tools for designing and optimizing the system and power train. The online tool experience ranges from device to system analysis and simulation that takes minutes. The models, calculations and iterative steps of power supply design are built into the tools.