Murata launches its latest encapsulated dc-dc converters, designed specifically for use in industrial and railway applications. The 150 Watt IRH series from Murata Power Solutions provides market-leading power conversion efficiency, in an industry-standard half-brick pinout, using the latest component and packaging technologies in a fixed-frequency switching power supply architecture. The IRH series offers the user flexibility and reliability in design implementation.
- 3:1 Vin range of 57.6 Vdc to 160 Vdc
- Delivers 5V, 12V or 24Vout with 3,000Vrms input to output isolation
- Designed and tested to meet the requirements of EN50155
- Available with standard and flanged baseplate options, and with DOSA or alternate industry standard pinout options
- Standard features include on/off logic control and protection against short circuits, overvoltage and over-temperature
- Efficiency ratings of 91% at 5 Vout, 89.5% at 12 Vout and 89% at 24 Vout
The encapsulated circuit design makes the converters shock- and vibration-tolerant and improves EMI and thermal performance. The devices meet the requirements of the EN50155 standard for railway applications for a nominal Vin of 96 Vdc and 110 Vdc, and their topology supports a pre-biased output at start-up, eliminating the reverse currents during system start and shutdown that can damage critical circuitr