Dynex Power Inc. has announced the launch of a high-power IGBT module technology. These new modules cover a full range of power, up to 6.5kV at 1000A, 4.5kV at 1500A and 3.3kV at 1800A, and incorporate a choice of DMOS or latest-generation Trench-Gate technology.
The new Dynex high-power range includes IGBT modules, and associated diode modules with class-leading RBSOA performance, offering the following advantages over competitor products:
- 30% greater power density, incorporating Dynex-proprietary LOCOS gate technology.
- a choice of up to 3 chip types per voltage level, allowing for exact tailoring and optimization of modules to specific customer applications.
- robust packaging that ensures the safest energy containment and protection of the surrounding environment, should there be an unplanned event in the power electronics system.
- 150ºC operating junction temperature, providing significant operating headroom for greater durability.
- up to 10% lower losses than the next-closest competitor product, in a typical 2-level, 3-phase inverter.
Mr. Clive Vacher, President and Chief Executive Officer, added, “With these new high-power IGBT modules, Dynex is aiming to have the highest-technology, most robust, product range in the industry. This market-leading technology is ready now and has undergone extensive testing in some of the harshest conditions possible. We are in active discussions with customers on applications of these modules in next-generation high-speed rail traction designs, as well as several power grid and industrial applications.