Ioxus, Inc., a manufacturer of ultracapacitor technology for transportation, alternative energy, medical, industrial and consumer product markets, announced the 16V/58F iMOD™ series of ultracapacitor modules that provides the high performance, high efficiency and high reliability for the growing energy storage market. In addition, the 16V/58F iMOD series cuts development time by delivering a ready-to-use package at the lowest cost in the industry.
With the increase in adoption of hybrid drives and clean technologies, there is a demand for more rugged, compact and lower price ultracapacitor modules with improved cell balancing. Ioxus is committed to providing this technology through its 16V/58F iMOD modules for wind turbine pitch control, starting systems, automotive subsystems, backup power/UPS/ride through and power conditioning for renewable energy systems.
Key features and benefits of the 16V/58 iMOD modules include:
- 16V working voltage sized to parallel with or replace common battery sizes.
- Individually balanced cells that eliminate the need to custom design management and packaging strategies for the largest markets.
- Threaded, protected terminals that are easy to install, monitor and maintain.
- Strong environmental protection for commercial and industrial applications.
- Short module walls with short screws required for mounting, easy installation and removal of screws, and improved thermal performance.
- Low ESR with better constant current, higher power density and higher efficiency than market competition.
- Rugged design of six solder points near cell circumference for stability and an extra thick circuit board for rigidity.
- Molded-in part number that is not easily removed.
- Standard architecture that fits within the footprint of other modules on the market.
To differentiate from the competition, the compliance standards have been met with all UL94-V0 materials for the 16V/58F iMOD modules to be used in stationary and mobile applications. These tests include RoHS, UL810a pending, Vibration IEC60068-2-6, Shock IEC60068-2-27, -29 and Random Drop MIL-STD-202G METHOD 203C.
The 16V/58F iMOD ultracapacitor module series is available immediately. Pricing information is available through firstname.lastname@example.org.