Delta-Q Technologies, a leader in battery charging solutions for electric drive vehicles and industrial equipment, today announced the debut of its lithium integration kit to battery companies, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and battery management system (BMS) manufacturers at The Battery Show in Novi, Michigan.
With the goal of supporting lithium powertrain system development, Delta-Q’s lithium charger development kit includes:
Hardware and Software:
- Delta-Q IC1200 battery charger in 24-or 48V, equipped with CAN communication
- Pre-loaded lithium charge profiles supporting various lithium-ion (Li-ion), lithium polymer (Li-Poly), or lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) cell and pack capacities
- A set of appropriate power and communication cables
Custom Training and Technical Support:
- Customized training and consulting sessions by Delta-Q‘s application engineering team
- Development of custom and optimized charging profiles
- Quick start guides, detailed programming, and design documentation
“The price difference between lithium-ion and lead-acid is getting smaller. Applications such as electric scooters, motorcycles and lift trucks have favorable economics for lithium integration when the total cost of ownership is considered. Given the performance and cycle life advantages of lithium-ion, this is the right time for a customer-friendly kit to help design engineers integrate lithium batteries into the next generation of products,” said Trent Punnett, vice president of sales, product management and marketing at Delta-Q Technologies.
Free kits are available to qualifying battery companies, OEMs and BMS manufacturers.