The GBU150x family of standard bridge rectifiers are GBU-packaged, 15 A-rated rectifiers available with peak repetitive reverse voltage ratings (VRRM ) from 600 V to 1,000 V and 1.0 msec peak forward surge current (IFSM ) of 600 A.
The highest rated (1 kV) device, offered at the same price in production quantities as the others in the family, provides added design margin that can facilitate meeting regulatory standards, such as IEC61000-4-x and IEEE C62.XX ringing waveform requirements, in a wide range of mains-connected power conversion products.
“Since higher-voltage bridge rectifiers typically are more expensive, engineers trained to optimize price and performance will select 600 V or 800 V PIV devices to achieve cost targets,” said Vice President, TSC Products, Sam Wang. “The GBU1507, with an industry-leading 1000-volt PIV rating, is offered at the same price as the lower-voltage-rated parts in the series. This gives engineers a cost-effective opportunity to adding safety margin for new designs as well as upgrading existing GBU sockets.”
The devices in the GBU150x Series provide numerous beneficial features, including:
• Very-High Peak Forward Surge Current – With computing everywhere and electronic lighting replacing electrical lighting, transient and surge survival is a top-of-mind consideration.
• UL-Recognized File # E-326243 – UL-recognized components simplify agency approvals on the customers’ end products, saving time and money.
• Standard GBU Package – Meets or exceeds operational specs of competitive devices; offers drop-in upgrade for existing GBU sockets for requirements from 50 V to 1,000 V. One part can replace many others, minimizing the number of stocked SKUs and BOM costs.
• Industry-Leading 1,000-V Rating – Added design margin for universal input supplies – at no added cost.
• Global Materials Compliance – RoHS compliant, halogen-free (per IEC-61249-2-21.
Applications for the GBU150x Series include switch-mode power supplies (SMPS), battery chargers, lighting power supplies, TVs and adapters. Design resources include a comprehensive datasheet. 3D CAD and spice models. Price: $0.450 in OEM Quantities. Lead Time: Samples: in-stock (Digi-Key and Mouser); Production quantities: 8 weeks, ARO.
TSMC North America, 2851 Junction Ave., San Jose, CA 95134, 1-408-3828000, FAX: 1-408-3828008, www.tsmc.com