Triacs, diacs, and quadracs are ac power control semiconductor devices used in line frequency applications such as lighting control, motor speed … [Read More...] about What are triacs, diacs and quadracs good for?
Neither a Shockley diode nor a Schottky diode are single p-n junction devices. A Shockley diode has a four-layer thyristor structure with a typical … [Read More...] about What’s the difference between Shockley and Schottky diodes?
Today on Power Electronic Tips
- Buck converter IC features intelligent, adaptive power sharing
- Full-brick 500-W supply provides 12 V and up to 42 A
- Ultra-low-current detect switches optimized for battery powered devices
- Power transient voltage suppressors come in SMD packages
- DC/DC 2-W converters come in compact SIP-9 package
- Open fuse holders compatible with through-hole reflow soldering
- What are triacs, diacs and quadracs good for?