Halo Microelectronics announced two new products that utilize switched capacitor architecture to deliver 98% efficiency DC-DC conversion, which outperforms traditional DC-DC converters by up to 10% efficiency. This higher efficiency significantly reduces the thermal dissipation in mobile devices such as smartphones, thus enabling more power to be delivered to the battery and resulting in a faster charging speed.
With the advent of 5G technology, and the increasing demand for rich content delivery, the battery capacity of smartphones will continue to increase, and faster charging will become an increasingly important feature for enhanced user experience. Halo Micro is at the forefront of this transformation happening in the mobile industry. Halo’s products will deliver 2x to 5x faster wireless and wired charging experiences in comparison to previous solutions.
HL7221 20W 98% efficiency 2:1 DC-DC converter
- Ideal for greater than 20W fast wireless charging application
- 20V max operational Input voltage
- 98% efficiency for 20W output
- Programmable protection feature
HL7225 30W 98% efficiency 2:1 direct charger
- Ideal for greater than 30W fast USB charging application
- 98% efficiency for 30W output
- Dual input for USB charging and wireless charging input
- Fast response LDO for CV and CC mode
- Input and Output Voltage and Current protection for safe charging
- Compact 7.5mm2 WLCSP Package
For more information about Halo’s fast charging solutions: http://www.