ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD) introduced a new family of dual-band power amplifier duplexer (PAD) modules based on the company’s innovative third generation High-Efficiency-at-Low-Power (HELP3E™) technology. By combining power amplifiers with high performance duplexers, ANADIGICS’ new family of PAD front-end modules deliver optimal RF performance and longer battery-life, while reducing device design and assembly complexity. These modules include two separate RF paths in a compact 4.5 mm by 6 mm package, allowing 3G / 4G dual-band PCB footprint reduction of up to 40%.
ANADIGICS’ family of dual-band power amplifier duplexer module use the company’s exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology to achieve optimal efficiency across low-range and mid-range output power levels. The internal design optimizes the power amplifier and duplexer match to deliver greater overall system efficiency and RF front-end performance.
Duplexer Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-compact 4.5 mm by 6 mm package
- Maximum 1 mm package height to support next generation thin form factor phones
- Internal duplexers with balanced Rx ports
- Integrated high directivity daisy-chainable couplers
- WCDMA/HSPA, HSPA+, & LTE compliant
- Three mode states to achieve high power-added efficiencies at low-range and mid-range output power levels for use with or without a DC-DC converter
- Flat gain response across all bands for superior system performance and ease of calibration
- Exceptionally low quiescent current of 4 mA
- Best-in-class linearity at maximum output power