The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) have announced the continuation of the popular Student Attendance Support Program for APEC 2023, scheduled to take place in Orlando, March 19-23. Chosen recipients of the program will receive reimbursement to cover qualified expenses for attending APEC 2023. Those eligible to apply for the program are power electronics students, undergraduate or graduate, who have been accepted to present papers at the upcoming conference in March. Once accepted, student presenters must apply for the Student Attendance Support Program by October 26, 2022.
In its 18th year, this popular program was initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA). It is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC conference: the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS). The recipients of the Student Attendance Support Program will be chosen by the APEC 2023 Student Attendance Support Committee. Criteria for students interested in applying are:
• The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2023
• Only students who have not received support in the past will be considered
• The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution
• After attending APEC 2023 as a speaker, the student must submit expense receipts to the Student Attendance Support Committee for reimbursement
• Application forms must be filled out and submitted online and received by the Committee by October 26, 2022
• If accepted for the for the Student Attendance Support Program, the recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 22, 2022
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor, as well as a brief description of their career interest and reasons for attending APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of their accepted APEC paper, including the name(s) of the co-author(s), if applicable.